dba Family Hotel based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Night clerk. dba Family Hotel is a premier accommodation option that caters to the needs of families and travelers. Our friendly and attentive staff is dedicated to making guests feel at home, assisting with any requests or recommendations. Conveniently situated in the heart of Whitehorse, we offer easy access to local attractions and outdoor activities. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: dba Family Hotel
Position: Night clerk
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.50 hourly / 25 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Part-time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Shifts: Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours
Work setting: Hotel, motel, resort
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years
Security and safety: Criminal record check
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidate should be client focus, dependable, organized, reliable
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to register arriving guests and assign rooms, process group arrivals and departures, and be able to take, cancel and change room reservations
- The candidates should be able to provide information on hotel facilities and services
- The candidates should be able to provide general information about points of interest in the area
- The candidates should be able to investigate and resolve complaints and claims, process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- The candidates should be able to balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- The candidates should be able to follow emergency and safety procedures, clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- The candidates should be able to answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages, assist clients/guests with special needs
- The candidates should be able to handle wake-up calls, provide customer service
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, cover letter, references attesting experience, letter of recommendation, and copy of portfolio or relevant work examples) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!