Home Support based in Meaford, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – home support. Home Support is well-known private households of the town. We are known to provide every possible facilities to the employees. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Home Support
Position: Personal support worker – home support
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 30 to 44 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Term or contract employment
Location: Meaford, ON
Shifts: Flexible Hours
Work setting: Rural area and optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Work site environment: Candidates should work in non-smoking area
Security and safety: Adult Abuse Registry should checked, Child Abuse Registry should checked, criminal record should checked, drug test required, immunization records required and vulnerable sector should checked
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is not available and willing to travel
Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs) and between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, sit, stand for extended periods, walk and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client, in a flexible environment, in an organized way and also take initiative
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, punctual, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills and also an excellent oral communication
- The candidate should be able to take care of elderly and also females
- The candidate should be able to assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder), administer medications, assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene, assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk and also provide companionship
- The candidate should be able to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties, care for pets, launder clothing and household linens, mend clothing and linens, plan therapeutic diets and menus, provide personal care, shop for food and household supplies and also prepare and serve nutritious meals
- The employees get on-site housing options
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Letter of recommendation, Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples, Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed, and Copy of latest school transcript
Writing sample) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!