Post Office Assistant – Term
Canada Post based in Canmore, AB, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Post Office Assistant – Term. The company Canada Post is a crown corporation that functions as Canada’s primary postal operator. Our company is known as a well-known e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We work with mailing letters, shipping parcels, with making and selling businesses online. Our company has a total assets valued at 11.2 billion Canadian dollars. We are known to help small businesses grow. We work to enrich lives in remote locations. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The job preference will be given to Indigenous people or persons with a disability. We work with a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify. The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants outside the community in which the Post Office is located may be considered as needed.
Employer Name: Canada Post
Position: Post Office Assistant – Term
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.08 per hour
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Part time
Location: Canmore, AB, CA
Job Requisition Id: 156571
Business Function: Retail
Primary City: Canmore
Employment Status: Term
Employee Class and Level: RVSGD11 – Level 1
Working Hours: On Call – Must be able to work days
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as high school or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
Experience: Candidates need experience such as training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- The candidate should be physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time
- The candidate should have an ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post
- The candidate should be able to work as an on-call Post Office Assistant
- The candidate should have the understanding of general or post office accounting systems and have flexibility to be available for temporary, on-call work
- The candidate should be able to provide a character reference letter and also be able to complete the security screening process
- The candidate should be able to use a customer-focused approach when providing counter services to customers
- The candidate should be able to sell postal products and service to the business community and public and also sort, distribute and process mail into appropriate classifications
- The candidate should be able to provide customers with information and forms and also address delivery and service difficulties to resolve problems thoroughly and quickly
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!