Island Farmhouse Poultry is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Production helper – food and beverage processing. Island Farmhouse Poultry is part of the Animal Slaughtering and Processing Industry. Farmhouse Poultry brings you a year-round supply of fresh whole “roaster” chickens, as well as convenience packs of boneless breasts, legs, and thighs. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full-time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are Day, Evening, and Flexible Hours.
- Employer Name: Island Farmhouse Poultry
- Position: Production helper – food and beverage processing
- No of Vacancies: 7
- Salary: $17.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location: 1615 KOKSILAH Cowichan Bay, BC V0R 1N1
- Shifts: Day, Evening, and Flexible Hours.
- Work Site Environment: Cold/refrigerated
- Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
- Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
- Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Standing for extended periods
To be determined
The candidate should be Flexibility and Reliability
- The candidate should be removed filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- The candidate should be fed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be transported raw materials, finished products, and packaging materials
- The candidate should be measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- The employees get disability benefits
- The employees get a dental plan
- The employees get vision care benefits
- The employees get a pension plan
The Young family founded Island Farmhouse Chicken Ltd. in 2005 to support small-scale Vancouver Island poultry farmers. It did this by providing them with a fully compliant processing facility, the first in BC to meet tighter meat inspection standards. The company sought to help food-savvy Island consumers make better-informed food and source decisions. Locally-grown groceries were vital to them.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!