Riviana Foods Canada Corporation based in Hamilton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Production Labourer-Food Processing (with some duties as a packer-manufacturing). Riviana Foods Canada Corporation is known for its quality and excellence. We are known to be committed to providing the most wholesome products on the market today, to leading both the rice and pasta industries in innovation, and to providing high-quality products a person can be proud to serve your family. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Riviana Foods Canada Corporation
Position: Production Labourer-Food Processing
No of Vacancies: 20
Salary: $18.06 to $22.88 per hour for 38 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 80 Brockley Drive, Hamilton, ON, L8E 3C5
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Food processing industry, Food and beverage plant, Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment and, Food processing plant
Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Odours, Dusty, Cold/refrigerated
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Public transportation is available
Work Location Information: Relocation costs not covered by employer
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Workers Supervised: Machine operators
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should have food safety/handling skills
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to remove filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be able to feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- The candidate should be able to clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidate should be able to check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The candidate should be able to measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- The employees get health benefits such as Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- The employees get financial benefits as per the collective agreement
- The employees get long term benefits such as Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan and Other benefits
- The employees get other benefits such as Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Parking available and Travel insurance
Riviana Foods Canada Corporation is known to be America’s largest processor, marketer and distributor of branded and private label rice products. The company’s global reach is an important factor in Riviana’s success. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ebro Foods, S.A, the company is known as the world leader of the rice sector. The company is known to take a world view of the rice and pasta business and draw upon the global resources of its parent company.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!