Government of the Northwest Territories’ department Health and Social Services Authority based in Fort Smith, NWT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registered midwife. Government of the Northwest Territories’ department Health and Social Services Authority is a cornerstone of public health and welfare in the region. This department is dedicated to providing comprehensive healthcare services and social support programs. It plays a pivotal role in enhancing the overall health and resilience of the diverse population in the Northwest Territories. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Government of the Northwest Territories
Department: Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
Position: Registered midwife
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $109,766 to $131,099 yearly
Employment Type: Full Time/Regular
Location: Fort Smith, NWT, Canada
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates should have a Baccalaureate degree in Midwifery (Health Sciences)
Experience: Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in delivering midwifery care as a primary care provider
- The candidates should provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check
- The candidates obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status
- The candidates should have assessed through a Prior Learning and Experience Assessment (PLEA) program within a Canadian province
- The candidates should clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy
- The candidates should have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- The candidates should be able to work collaboratively with other practitioners and healthcare providers, functioning in association with interdisciplinary primary health teams and within an integrated territorial women and children’s health team
- The candidates should be able to provide continuity of care within the context of a small team of midwives and ensure coordinated delivery of care within an integrated network of community, regional, and territorial health services
- The candidates should be able to complete courses of midwifery care from conception through birth and postpartum for clients residing in Fort Smith
- The candidates should be able to contribute to the development of the Territorial Midwifery Program
- The candidates will get an annual Northern Allowance of $6,903
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!