Kingston Health Sciences Centre based in Kingston, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registered practical nurse (R.P.N.). Kingston Health Sciences Centre is Southeastern Ontario’s largest acute-care academic hospital. Consisting of our Hotel Dieu Hospital site, Kingston General Hospital site and the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario, as well as two research institutes, we care for more than 500,000 patients and families from across our region. We care for our patients, families and each other through everyday actions, significant moments and exciting breakthroughs. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Position: Registered practical nurse (R.P.N.)
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $28.14 hourly 37.5 to 48 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: Kingston, ON
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 7 months
Credentials: Eligible for licensure as a practical nurse by the province/territory of work
Area of specialization: Medical unit
Security and safety: Criminal record check, Immunization records
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to do manual dexterity
- The candidates should be able to prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas, administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
- The candidates should be able to take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitor nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection, monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
- The candidates should be able to provide safety and health education to individuals and their families, provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
- The candidates should be able to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits
- The candidates will get group insurance benefits, pension plan, team building opportunities, and as per collective agreement
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!