Freestyle based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Salesperson – retail. Freestyle offers a diverse range of apparel that caters to various styles and preferences. Whether customers are looking for trendy streetwear, rugged outdoor gear, or chic urban fashion, Freestyle has something to suit every taste. Our store carefully curates its collection, showcasing both local and international brands known for our exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail. Our inviting atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, and carefully curated selection make us a favorite among locals and visitors alike. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Freestyle
Position: Salesperson – retail
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.50 hourly 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: 2157 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1C6
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Morning
Transportation information: Public transportation is available
Work setting: In shop, Clothing store, Sporting goods store, Shoe store, Jewellery store, Retail business
Type of product: Children’s clothing, Footwear, Men’s clothing, Women’s clothing
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Art or fashion design experience: Accessories, Sports wear or active wear
Security and safety: Bondable, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract)
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to work in tight deadlines
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidates should be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to work in a non-smoking area
- The candidates should be adaptable, analytical, collaborative, creative
- The candidates should be efficient, energetic, goal-oriented, hardworking, integrated, outgoing, and should have positive attitude, and time management skills
- The candidates should be proactive, quick learner, and dependable
- The candidate should be accurate, client focus, dependable, organized, initiative, flexible, reliable, and judgmental
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Canadian citizen and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to operate cash register, operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- The candidates should be able to provide advice about merchandise, assist in display of merchandise
- The candidates should be able to conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- The candidates should be able to greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- The candidates should be able to maintain sales records for inventory control
- The candidates should be able to prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- The candidates should be able to prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- The candidates will get free parking
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, cover letter, and references attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!