SOUTHLAND Transportation Ltd. based in Dartmouth, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of School bus driver. SOUTHLAND Transportation Ltd. is committed to safety and service in the people transportation business. We operate school, charter, commuter, as well as specialized transportation buses in Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan. Our mission is to exceed customer expectations by employing talented people who share in the dedication of a company committed to safety and service. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: SOUTHLAND Transportation Ltd
Position: School bus driver
No of Vacancies: 15
Salary: $22.80 to $24.49 hourly for 20 hours per week
Employment Type: Part time, Permanent employment
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Work setting: Relocation costs not covered by employer
Security and safety: Child welfare check, criminal record should checked, driving record should checked (abstract), drug test required and medical exam required
Transportation/travel information: Driver’s abstract and valid driver’s licence required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- The candidate should be able to operate buses, school busses or streetcars to transport passengers and also load and unload vehicle
- The candidate should be able to report delays, mechanical problems and accidents and also direct passengers during emergency evacuation procedures
- The candidate should be able to complete logbooks and reports and also communicate with passengers, dispatchers or other drivers using two-way radio systems
- The candidate should be able to ensure children’s safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped and also maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviours that could compromise safety
- The employees get other long term benefits
- The employees get free parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!