Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family and Community Services Society based in Kamloops, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Social worker. Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family and Community Services Society has the right and responsibility to care for and support the safety and well-being of Métis children, youth and families. Our vision is that all Métis children, youth and families live with love, honour, dignity and respect knowing they belong to a strong, proud People with a unique heritage and cultural identity. We Offer family programming and child safety services that are embedded in and delivered with love, compassion, respect. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family and Community Services Society
Position: Social worker
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $33.83 per hour for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Kamloops, BC
Work setting: Community service organization, work in employer’s/client’s home, social and family service agency and Child Welfare Organization
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Valid driver’s licence required and driver’s abstract
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Asset languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the Cree and Michif Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Child development and social work, other
Experience: Candidates need experience of 2 years to less than 3 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Mental health first aid Certificate
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, maintain tight deadlines, pay attention to detail and also for large workload
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client, in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, an excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal awareness and also values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to take care of adolescents, adults, children, developmentally delayed, people with personal or social adjustment difficulty, persons with an intellectual disability, social assistance recipient and also family
- The candidate should have specialization on social work like child welfare, community development and also socio-economic needs or conditions
- The candidate should be able to interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility, provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems, plan programs of assistance for clients, serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group, refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services and also act as an advocate for client groups in the community
- The candidate should be able to apply for social program funding and also develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
- The employees get dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan, paramedical services coverage and vision care benefits
- The employees get as per collective agreement
- The employees get life insurance, maternity and parental benefits and pension plan
- The employees get team building opportunities, variable or compressed work week and wellness program
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!