The House of Commons Administration based in Ottawa, Canada is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Student Employment Program. The House of Commons Administration is the lower house of Parliament located in Ottawa, Canada. Members of Parliament (MPs) from across the country convene here to discuss and debate legislation, formulate policies, and scrutinize government activities. This democratic institution serves as the forum for shaping Canada’s laws and policies, fostering transparent governance and accountability, and ultimately ensuring that the diverse voices and perspectives of Canadians are heard and considered in the decision-making process. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: The House of Commons Administration
Position: Student Employment Program
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $34 861 – 58 346
Employment Type: Part-time
Work environment: Hybrid
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the French or English Language
Education: Candidates should have currently enrolled at a recognized secondary or post-secondary institution.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidates should be able to meet the minimum age requirement of 16.
- The candidates should be able to benefit from a good work-life balance with a flexible work schedule
- The candidates should have the opportunity to work at the heart of democracy where history is made
- The candidates should be able to earn an attractive hourly salary to help fund their education
- The candidates should be able to apply the knowledge learned in the classroom in a professional setting
- The candidates should be able to develop new skills and competencies and expand their knowledge to improve their post-graduation employability
- The candidates should have access to resources that promote well-being
- The candidates should be able to benefit from learning and professional development opportunities and discover career opportunities that may be available to them as new graduates
- The candidates should enjoy special events and activities tailored to students, bringing fresh perspectives through networking and collaborating with fellow students and colleagues
- The candidates should be able to possess Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or a valid study permit (for international students)
- The candidates should be able to provide administrative support and client service
- The candidates should be able to work in accounting, commerce, procurement, and contracting, as well as policy-related roles
- The candidates should be able to specialize in communications, linguistics, graphic/web design
- The candidates should be able to work in fields such as architecture, interior design, and project management
- The candidates should be able to work in engineering, computer science, data science, cybersecurity, and information management
- The candidates should be able to provide broadcasting and audiovisual support
- The candidates should be able to contribute to corporate security efforts
- The candidates should be able to participate in law articling
- The candidates should be able to handle roles related to compensation, talent management, occupational health and safety, and labour relations
- The candidates should be able to excel in trades and culinary arts
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!