MNP based in Timmins, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Summer student 2024. MNP is a prominent Canadian accounting and business consulting firm, providing a comprehensive range of services including assurance, tax planning, and business advisory. With a national presence, MNP serves clients across diverse industries, delivering tailored financial solutions. Renowned for expertise and innovation, MNP is committed to helping businesses and individuals achieve their financial objectives. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: MNP (Meyers Norris Penny)
Position: Summer student 2024
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: Salary is not mentioned, $19.00-$22.00 hourly estimated salary
Employment Type: Full time
Job Category: Assurance & Accounting
Location: Timmins, ON P4R0A1, Canada
Job ID: SUMME008531
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates should be working towards a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major)
Experience: Candidates should have previous accounting related office experience
- The candidates should perform tasks involving documentation, filing, and organizing financial records. This may require reaching, bending, and handling paperwork or files within an office setting
- The candidates should Interact with team members, clients, and other stakeholders. This involves verbal communication, attending meetings, and collaborating with colleagues, requiring the ability to move around within the office environment.
- The candidates should be working towards prerequisites for admission into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- The candidates should have customer service and/or client service experience
- The candidates should have experience working with accounting and tax software
- The candidates should be able to develop technical skills in areas such as: compilations, reviews, audits, bookkeeping, and tax and summarize the current financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other relevant reports
- The candidates should be able to develop and apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- The candidates should be able to set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses, manage multiple files simultaneously, and conduct inventory counts
- The candidates should be able to perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset acquisition and disposition, and payroll walk-through with clients in a professional manner and maintain flexibility to travel
- The candidates should be able to assess the appropriateness of audit evidence for expenses, revenues, capital asset additions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and prepaid expenses and review, investigate, and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents, and reports
- The candidates should be able to establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts and prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries, and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts, and highlights
- The candidates should be able to collaborate with the client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts and contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- The candidates will get a pension plan, wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, and mental health resources
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!