West Corner Farms Ltd. based in Parkhill, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Swine herdsperson. West Corner Farms Ltd. is a well-established agricultural business specializing in the production and distribution of high-quality farm products. West Corner Farms Ltd. has been serving the local community and beyond with its commitment to excellence. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: West Corner Farms Ltd.
Position: Swine herdsperson
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.00 hourly / 40 to 44 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Parkhill, ON
Transportation information: Valid driver’s licence
Work setting: Rural area, Willing to relocate
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Area of specialization: Swine
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to work in noisy area, in odours, in outdoors, in hot area, in dusty area, and be able to work with livestock
- The candidate should be organized, should have excellent oral communication, and be able to work as a team player
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to do feed inventory and handling animals
- The candidates should be able to do livestock branding and monitoring animal health
- The candidates should be able to maintain quality control and production records
- The candidates should be able to recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- The candidates should be able to select livestock for sale, maintain work records and logs
- The candidates should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidates should be able to perform general farm duties
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!