Canadian Pacific based in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Train Conductor. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Train Conductor
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $1,055/week during training and then increases from there
Note: Earn $85,000 in your first year working as a qualified conductor. The average conductor earns approximately $107,000 annually, with the ability to make up to $140,000.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Shifts: To be determined
Department: Operations Pacific Division
Position Type: Union
Job Available to: Internal & External
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as high school diploma or GED
Experience: Candidates need a 3 to 5 years’ work experience with a demonstrated safe work record
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidate should have got done with criminal history check, reference check and education verification
- The candidates should have a valid full/graduated driver’s with no restrictions is required also must be at least 18 years old
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude also must be able to work with minimal supervision
- The candidate should be able to take action and/or make decisions affecting security/well-being of others, i.e. alerting others to unsafe conditions also must have good spatial ability with regard to a sense of layout and space, together with an ability to judge speed and/or distance of moving objects
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively both oral and in written also have good interpersonal skills with the ability to operate as a contributing member of a team
- The candidate must be prepared to work weekends and shifts – on call 24 hours/day with 2 Hours’ notice depending on location, (with exception of Annual Vacation) also work may require extended time away from home
- The candidate must be able to pass the required examinations, read and understand safety instructions, books of rules, instructions and regulations, timetables, bulletins, waybills, placards, and other written or printed material also must be prepared to work in adverse weather conditions
- The candidate may be required to lift up to 80 lbs also must be able to cross the United States border for work purposes
- The candidate must be able to obtain a passport.
- The candidate should be able to work as a member of a train crew that will assist with switching cars, making or splitting up trains in yards, or moving cars between yards, sidings or tracks
- The candidate should be able to work in either train or yard service depending on their seniority also carry out specific instructions detailing a train’s route and specific movements
- The candidate should be able to handle the switching of cars, including coupling and uncoupling cars, and is able to lift out coupling device also observe, interpret, and relay signals and other indications affecting movement of train
- The candidate should be able to signal crew members for movement of the engine or train using specific signals, or radio to indicate when to start, stop, back-up, set or release air brakes also provide flag protection and relays signals to trains in an emergency situation, as stipulated in the operating rules
- The candidate should be able to move on and off moving or stationary equipment while train is performing industrial, station, or yard switching also ride moving car by hanging onto grab irons or ladder, sometimes for extended periods of time
- The candidate should be able to fill out forms including train orders and switch lists and prepares required clear and legible reports also work irregular hours, including holidays, weekends, days and nights and for periods of time up to 12 hours
- The candidate must be constantly alert to changing conditions and events and take safe and responsible action as required
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!