Canadian Pacific based in Revelstoke, British Columbia is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Trainmaster. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The candidate will be a member of a team working in a high production environment performing preventative and corrective maintenance to Locomotives. The candidates will be determined by experience and current shop mix.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: To be determined ( Approximately $85,000 – $90,000 yearly )
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
Shifts: To be determined
Department: Operations Pacific Division
Position Type: Non-Union
% of Travel: 10-20%
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as high School Diploma or GED
Experience: Candidates need previous railway experience, other experience details are mentioned below
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidates having previous operations related experience would be considered an asset
- The candidate must be able to understand the Operating Plan & Local Service Operating Plan and compliance to it as it pertains to the yard
- The candidate being qualified Locomotive Engineer is an asset
- The candidate must become Conductor or Engineer qualified and occasionally operate trains
- The candidate must be or become rules qualified (CROR – Canadian Rail Operating Rules) also maintain certifications and licenses (i.e. Engineer Certification)
- The candidate should have the ability to pinpoint expectations and provide positive and constructive feedback, ability to analyze, understand and resolve local issues related to interpreting variances to operating protocols and ability to understand and work with collective agreements and other applicable regulations
- The candidate should have knowledge of and ability to conduct investigations also have ability to accept change
- The candidate should have the ability to drill down, understand the root cause and resolve complex issues and also be willing to be available as required on a 7×24 basis.
- The candidate should be able to deliver efficient movement of traffic within the road territory and yard-terminal by developing, organizing, and executing the daily yard-terminal/road operating plan in a safe and cost effective manner which maximizes fluidity and achieves Local Service Operating Plan (LSOP) and Operating Plan compliance on a daily basis.
- The candidate should be able to ensure the safe and tactical execution of the Operating Plan through active supervision of operating (train) crews, Yardmasters, support staff and Assistant Trainmasters
- The candidate should be accountable for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity, financial metrics and adherence to corporate values, which includes compliance with regulatory environment also accountable for the safe, on time operations of all trains and contribute to the overall execution of the LSOP and Operating Plan
- The candidate should be able to conduct efficiency tests, train rides and safety related activities to support a safe, efficient operation
- The candidate should be accountable to investigate safety rules and policy failures and respond and act on safety, health and environmental related incidents, identify cause, implement or recommend corrective actions or action plans also participate and assist with safety and business plan roll-outs across the region
- The candidate should be able to identify and act on opportunities to increase yard/road fluidity and productivity also create and manage a strong team of employees including determination of optimal numbers, recruitment and development
- The candidate should be able to ensure compliance to CP’s policies and collective agreements and recommend changes also ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance and financial metrics through maximum asset utilization
- The candidate should be accountable for holding investigations (accident or discipline) in accordance with labor agreements, policies, etc., accountable for inventory management for terminals and line of road in their areas of responsibility, accountable for rail cars that are idle for 24 hours or longer for any reason also accountable for full understanding of business requirements, service commitments and any service penalty conditions for customers in their geographic area;
- The candidate may be required to attend derailments/incidents/injuries when on duty also may be assigned Train & Engine employees to mentor and coach.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!