City of Fredericton based in New Brunswick is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Transit Operator II. City of Fredericton serves as a dynamic hub for arts, culture, and education, boasting a vibrant community that embraces diversity and creativity. With its stunning riverfront trails, lush parks, and a bustling downtown core, Fredericton offers an exceptional quality of life that perfectly balances work and play. The City of Fredericton is committed to providing top-notch municipal services, fostering economic growth, and ensuring the well-being of its residents. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: City of Fredericton
Position: Transit Operator II
No of Vacancies: 7
Salary: $22.73 hourly plus $150 BSA biweekly
Location: Fredericton, NB
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates should have minimum prerequisite is secondary education
Experience: Candidates should have three years of driving experience
- The candidates should be able to obtain a class 2 NB driver’s license with air endorsement
- The candidates should have knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in vehicle operation, as well as knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the operation of the vehicle
- The candidates should have previous experience in dealing with the public, which is considered an asset
- The candidates should have previous experience in operating a commercial vehicle in excess of one ton, which is considered an asset
- The candidates should have the ability to communicate in both official languages, which may be considered an asset
- The candidates should be able to operate a Transit vehicle in a safe and courteous manner on specified routes and schedules
- The candidates should be able to provide schedule/route information to customers
- The candidates should be able to collect fares according to the fare structure from riders of the system
- The candidates should be able to monitor the vehicles while in service, reporting any malfunctions to and following instructions of the dispatcher
- The candidates should be able to perform related work as required
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!