Arctic Tours Canada based in Yellowknife, NT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Travel specialist. Arctic Tours Canada offers a diverse range of expeditions and adventures tailored to showcase the Arctic’s breathtaking landscapes, wildlife, and indigenous cultures. We takes pride in providing exceptional customer service, from the initial trip planning stages to the moment travelers return home. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Arctic Tours Canada
Position: Travel specialist
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $17.00 to $18.50 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
Transportation information: Willing to travel
Work setting: Corporation or company ticket office, Willing to relocate
Asset languages: Mandarin, Japanese
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Computer and technology knowledge: Computer graphic imagery system, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, Travel software packages
Area of specialization: Graphic design
Geographical areas of specialization: Asia
Travel bookings: Business travel, Government travel, Leisure travel, Individual travel, Group travel, Domestic travel, International travel, Adventure travel
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidate should be client focus, organized, flexible, and reliable
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to investigate new travel areas, hotels and other amenities, manage difficult situations with customers
- The candidates should be able to perform general office duties, prepare marketing materials
- The candidates should be able to calculate costs, process refunds and attend to other financial transactions, attend to cancellations and schedule changes
- The candidates should be able to develop contact lists
- The candidates should be able to make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system
- The candidates should be able to provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options and travel costs, and recommend suitable products
- The candidates will get learning/training paid by employer, and gratuities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, copy of portfolio or relevant work examples, and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!