Gravity Logistics Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver. Gravity Logistics Ltd. is a Hazmat certified freight shipping trucking company. We provide various transportation services such as Vans, Flatbed, Reefer, Dry Bulk, Hazmat, Coal/Coke. Our cargo variety includes General Freight, Metal (Sheets, Coils, Rolls), Logs, Poles, Beams, Lumber, Building, Materials, Fresh Produce, Grain, Feed, Hay, Coal/Coke, Meat, Commodities Dry Bulk, Refrigerated Food, Beverages, Paper Products, Utility, Farm Supplies, Construction. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Gravity Logistics Ltd.
Position: Truck driver
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $30.00 per hour for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning
Security and Safety: Criminal record should be checked, driving record should be checked (abstract) and need valid passport
Work Location Information: Various locations, willing to relocate and relocation costs are covered by employer
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots, hard hat and cellular phone
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer and Flatbed
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Candidates must have driver’s License (Class 1 or A), commercial vehicle operator’s registration (CVOR) certificate, class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks) and air brakes endorsement
Documentation Knowledge: Candidates must have knowledge of accident or incident reports, trip reports, maintenance and repair reports, inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), driver logbook and bill of lading
Communication Systems Experience: Candidates must have experience of operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment, trip recorder (on-board computer) and citizens band (CB) radio
Transportation/Travel Experience: Candidates must have experience of regional, national, local, provincial or territorial, short-haul and long-haul
Transportation or Travel Information:
- The candidate should willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight and willing to travel internationally
- The candidate should avail own vehicle
- The candidate should have drive manual transmission vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- The candidate should be able to work overtime
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be able to sit
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to judge the situation
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to perform preventive maintenance
- The candidate should be able to perform emergency roadside repairs
- The candidate should be able to perform brake adjustments
- The candidate should be able to load and unload goods
- The candidate should be able to receive and relay information to central dispatch
- The candidate should be able to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- The candidate should be able to tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- The candidate should be able to drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- The candidate should be able to oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- The candidate should be able to record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- The candidate should be able to perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- The candidate should be able to address customers’ complaints or concerns
- The candidate should be able to professionalism in customer service
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, proof of the requested certifications, copy of portfolio or relevant work examples, highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed and copy of latest school transcript) through below mentioned details. Also be prepared for the screening questions.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!