Maple Leaf Food’s based in Saskatoon, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Warehouse Supervisor. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. As of now, we have the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Food’s
Position: Warehouse Supervisor
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: Salary is not mentioned by employer. Approximately $25.00 hourly, estimated by Canadian Job Bank
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience, the details are mentioned below
- The candidate should be able to report to Distribution Lead Supervisor and managing a complement of hourly employees in conjunction with other supervisors or individually as operations warrant
- The candidate should have a 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a unionized warehouse environment and also have 5 to 7 years experience in a diverse, unionized warehouse environment
- The candidate having college Diploma or equivalent education preferred and also have demonstrated knowledge of warehouse operations
- The candidate should have demonstrated leadership capabilities, preferably in an unionized environment and also have demonstrated ability to lead and manage under a collective agreement
- The candidate should have demonstrated problem-solving skills and also have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have the working knowledge of Saskatchewan Labour Laws and Regulations and also have the ability to work days, afternoons and night shift on a rotating basis as scheduled by management
- The candidate having an experience working handling food and perishable products preferred
- The candidate having the working knowledge of CFIA regulations and standard HACCP practices preferred and also having the knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) knowledge preferred
- The candidate should have an experience in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and also be able to work Thursday – Sunday from 9:00am – 7:30pm
- The candidate should be responsible for the shipping, receiving, and warehousing of product in accordance with company and HACCP / CFIA standards and requirements in a timely, efficient and effective manner to meet customer demand
- The candidate should be able to coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking and cycle counts with other supervisors, office staff and management to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specifications
- The candidate should be able to perform duties as assigned on a rotating basis between supervisors, provide required operational performance and delivery information to the Distribution Lead Supervisor and Distribution Warehouse Manager
- The candidate should be able to manage an hourly workforce of unionized employees in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and the collective agreement to deliver operational and work environment objectives including communications, safety, training, performance management, work assignment, attendance management, competency assessment, coaching, and discipline and also manage all issues with carriers to ensure the efficient unloading and loading of trailers
- The candidate should be able to ensure adequate workforce resources are available for operational delivery and proposed additions/reductions to the Distribution Lead Supervisor to acquire / reduce resources accordingly and also be able to interview prospective candidates in conjunction with Human Resources to acquire the required talent to strengthen the warehouse workforce
- The candidate should be able to coach, discipline and terminate, where required, those employees who do not meet company performance expectations or who chose to disregard company policy and HACCP/CFIA requirements for the proper handling of product, informing the Distribution Lead Supervisor and Human Resources when such actions are proposed and also ensure all warehouse employees reporting to the Supervisor are properly trained in health and safety policy / procedures and the duties and responsibilities of their current role
- The candidate should be able to record employee hours worked into the payroll system timely wage payment to employees for hours worked and also manage all employee issues and grievances in accordance with company policy and the collective agreement in conjunction with Human Resources and management
- The candidate should be able to perform other project work as assigned by management and also be able to take care of shipping of customer orders in a timely manner in accordance with customer specifications and expectations
- The candidate should be able to take care of optimal and accurate order picking to ensure the timely loading of customer orders and also perform organized management of shift operations
- The candidate should be able to work as a part of a productive and engaged workforce that is properly informed of shift objectives, changes in the organization and employee events and also be able to take care of orchestrated collaboration of operational activities between shifts to ensure warehouse operations are performed in the most optimal manner possible.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!