Sohal Orchards Ltd. based in Winfield, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Worker, farm. Sohal Orchards Ltd. providing their customers with the freshest, locally sourced fruit, reflecting the unique flavors of the Okanagan Valley. We are committed to eco-friendly farming practices that protect the environment and preserve the vitality of our orchards. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Sohal Orchards Ltd.
Position: Worker, farm
No of Vacancies: 25
Salary: $16.75 hourly 40 to 60 hours per week + $16.75 commission per piece Minimum wage is guaranteed
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: Lake Country, BC
Work setting: Various locations, Rural are
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Type of crops: Blueberries, Cherries, Apples
Equipment and machinery experience: Hand tools, Farm truck, Tractor
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to do tree and orchard fruit, and other miscellaneous crop farming
- The candidates should be able to work in wet/damp area, outdoors, and hot area
- The candidate should be reliable, and quick learner
- The candidates should have and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidates should be able to fruit trees training
- The candidates should be able to harvest crops
- The candidates should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidates should be able to detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- The candidates should be able to maintain work records and logs
- The candidates should be able to assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
- The candidates will get piece work
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, and job reference number) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!