Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Youth Worker, Canada Summer Jobs. Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan provides a life changing experience. At our place Children can build healthy, supportive relationships with caring adult role models, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose. We also encourage healthy, respectful relationships with peers and family members. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to part time or contract/seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan
Position: Youth Worker, Canada Summer Jobs
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.91 per hour, for 30 hours per week
Employment Type: Part time
Location: Kelowna, BC
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidates should be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- The candidate should be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under.
- The candidate should have the knowledge of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- The candidate should have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial and territorial legislation and regulations.
- The candidate should have the successful completion of Agency screening process, including criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of youth engagement programming including, but not limited to peer support, volunteering, leadership within the club, implementation and facilitation of programming in-person and virtually, modeling positive participation, skill development, feedback and advocacy.
- The candidate should be able to ensure programming is challenging, fun and supports skill development for youth.
- Ensure programming is strengths-focused and meets the needs of current participants.
- The candidate should be able to ensure that all programs fulfill our Agency Mission – helping youth to learn the skills, knowledge and values they seek to become successful in life.
- The candidate should foster growth of self-esteem and self-concept in an environment that is welcoming and supportive.
- The candidate should be able to supervise and interact with youth in a positive and supportive manner to ensure a safe and supportive environment for youth.
- The candidate should be able to work closely with youth, developing relationships and providing positive encouragement and direction.
- The candidate should be able to understand and adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
- The employees get equal and diverse work opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get accommodation facilities provided by the employer (if required)
- The employees get many opportunities of personal development
- The employees get a fun, positive work environment
In 1959, The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan was discovered by a group of concerned citizens of Kelowna. The club was quickly discovered to help kids. The club has been working to provide a safe and positive place to boys and girls developing to youngsters.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!