Gloucester Housing Corporation based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – landscaping. Gloucester Housing Corporation is a non-profit organization which was established years ago with the mandate of providing affordable housing to low and moderate-income families. We also provide support services to our residents, including counseling, job training, and access to community resources. We work closely with government agencies, community partners, and private donors to achieve our mission of providing safe and affordable housing to those in need. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Gloucester Housing Corporation
Position: General labourer – landscaping
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Shifts: Day, 08:30 to 16:30
Transportation information: Own transportation
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English or French Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, Cellular phone
- The candidates should be a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle Hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidates should be able to do manual dexterity
- The candidates should be able to work at outdoors and dusty area
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to assist with landscape constructions
- The candidates should be able to weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- The candidates should be able to rake and collect refuse, remove litter and garbage
- The candidates will get mileage paid, free parking, learning/training paid by employer, and team building opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, cover letter, References attesting experience and Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!