J&L Oostvogels Farms based in Antigonish, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dairy Farm Worker. J&L Oostvogels Farms is a well-known cooperative milking producer. We work with milking 50+ cows in the Antigonish country. We are known as a dairy farm with advanced techniques. We work with producing and supplying pure and quality dairy products.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates need to work in Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: J&L Oostvogels Farms
Position: Dairy Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 hourly for 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Antigonish, NS
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Confined spaces, Outdoors, Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Hot
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Candidates need equipment and machinery experience such as Tractor, Tillage equipment, Manure spreader, Loader, Haying equipment and Farm truck
Automated Systems Experience: Candidates need automated systems experience in Milking systems (automated)
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be a combination of bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work under tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work overtime
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to feed and tend animals
- The candidate should be able to milk cows
- The candidate should be able to monitor animal health
- The candidate should have specialized livestock workers specific skills to calving
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
Since 2015, J&L Oostvogels Farms has been working on dairy products. The company is known to have a team of experts working on dairy products and developing advanced dairy farm techniques day by day.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!