In 1907, Fairmont San Francisco, Nob Hill’s grand dame, opened its doors, making history. In no time, it became the city’s venue of choice for glittering balls, presidential visits and political gatherings, making the name Fairmont synonymous with “place of occasion”. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts brand was born with this auspicious beginning.
Fairmont has kept on growing since its establishment, today Fairmont Hotels have hosted crews, actors and provided film locations, working since 1921, when the silent film Kipps was shot, in part, at The Savoy. In 2019, the hotel also celebrated this proud history with pop-up events and a retrospective photo exhibit, Fairmont Loves Film.
As of now, Fairmont is inviting applications for the roles of Dishwashers and Stewardings from any of the eligible candidates who reside in Canada and have experience in the cleaning or food and beverage industry.
Full Job Description:
Employer Name: Fairmont
Position: Dishwashers and Stewardings Opportunities
No of Vacancies: To Be Determined
Salary: To Be Determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Lake Louise, AB
Shifts: Day, Holidays, Weekends, Overnights and other non-day shifts.
Work Setting: Hotel
Weight Handling: 20-30 lbs
- Languages: English
- Education: To Be Determined
- Experience: Not required.
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, upscale and luxury environment
- The candidate should be able to work in close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- The candidate needs to be physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- The candidate needs to work with rotating shift work with repetitive motions
- The candidate needs to provide clean cutlery, dishware, and culinary equipment to the hotel using industrial-grade dishwashing machinery and equipment.
- The candidate needs to ensure the overall cleanliness of the dishwashing area and relative kitchen space.
- The candidate needs to work side by side with the culinary team assisting with prep duties when possible.
- The candidate should be able to work with hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
- The candidate should have previous cleaning or food and beverage experience in a fast-paced environment (which is not a compulsion but will be an asset).
- The candidate should be self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- The candidate should be able to maintain high service levels under pressure
- The candidate should be able to consistently offer a professional, engaging and friendly service
- The candidate needs to exude a positive personality, smile, and promote constructive work environments
- The candidate needs to provide clean dishes, cutlery, baking and buffet equipment
- The candidate needs to operate industrial-grade cleaning machinery and tools
- The candidate needs to give exposure to foodservice grade chemical cleaning supplies
- The candidate needs to upkeep clean and sanitary conditions of dishwashing areas and relative kitchen spaces
- The candidate needs to assist with culinary prep duties and adhere to requests by culinary CDP, Sous, and Executive Chefs
- The candidate needs to work in humid and hot environments
- The candidate needs to work in a team-based environment working in two to three staffing areas for short to long periods of time
- The candidate needs to do general cleaning – mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, cleaning, polishing
- The candidate needs to ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- The candidate needs to adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- The candidate needs to carry out any other tasks as assigned
- The employees get an experience of living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- The employees get subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full-time status
- The employees get access to the company’s Lifestyle Program activities
- The employees get one duty meal in the company’s newly renovated staff cafeteria
- The employees get a competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full-time permanent status
- The employees get a perk of the Employee Travel Program
- The employees get a Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- The employees get discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- The employees get an opportunity to develop his/her talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Fairmont Hotels is known to offer something more than luxurious rooms, world-class dining and amazing locations. The hotel helps its guests create lasting memories. For the same, so many celebrities, royalty, politicians and artists have made their favourite Fairmont hotel their home away from home.
How to apply
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by following the below link.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!