The Sandy Shore Farms Limited is a family-owned company, the John Wall family had emigrated to Canada from Europe. Over time, in Canada, the family began to realize the huge potential for vegetable production on the Norfolk Sand Plain and expanded the operation to include various vegetable crops. In the 60s, one of John’s sons Frank and his wife Luella carried on the family farming tradition and began to expand the business’s asparagus production.
Sandy Shore Farms Limited has been growing since then and is one of the major farms in Canada as of today.
As of now, Sandy Shore Farms Limited is inviting applications for the role of Farm Supervisor from any of the eligible candidates. The candidates who have a valid work permit in Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Employer Name: Sandy Shore Farms Limited
Position: Farm Supervisor
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $21.00 hourly, for 40 to 60 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Port Burwell, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Type of Product: Perennials
Type of Farm Operations: Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
Type of Crops: Asparagus, Bell peppers, Onions
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, Hot.
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver’s license
Work Location Information: Rural area
Other Languages: Spanish
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: 3-5 Years
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Truck, Tractor, Harvesters
Physical Requirements: To Be Determined
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to maintain work records and logs
- The candidate should be able to ensure the accuracy of completed timesheets, payroll and other summaries
- The candidate should have food safety/handling skills
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to Resolve work-related problems
- The candidate should be able to record and relay information
- The candidate should be able to Organize and coordinate production
- The candidate should be able to identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems
- The candidate should be able to plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- The candidate should be able to Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- The candidate should be able to Consult with the production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- The candidate should be able to Operate machinery
- The candidate needs to have field crops skills such as Hoeing crops
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as maintaining quality control and production records
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as Coordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as Develop work schedules and establishing procedures
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as Supervise and overseeing growing and other crop-related operations
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as ensuring farm safety and biosecurity procedures are followed
- The candidate should be able to supervise around 20 people at the same time.
- The employees get various financial benefits such as salaries, compensation and retirement benefits
- The employees get a great work culture/environment to work
- The employees get to work under a great management team
- The employees have other benefits like skill development, career development opportunities, job security etc.
The Sandy Shore Farms Limited is known as Canada’s largest grower and shipper of fresh asparagus and handling production of 750 acres, which is ⅓ rd of Ontario. As of now, the family has been known to grow Asparagus and be in the business for more than 60 years. As of today, the family/company is known to produce its own Asparagus crowns to establish and maintain its acreage and is also proud of the crowns that are produced.
How to apply:
Without being biased, the employer is providing equal opportunities for the applicants who are eligible for, the candidate could be anyone, who just has to be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada and a candidate who has a work permit in Canada.
You can apply now by meeting in person to the below-mentioned details if you suit all the job requirements provided and are eligible for the job. All the best!
731 Lakeshore Rd
Port Burwell, ON
N0J 1T0 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!