Overholt Orchards Inc based in St. Catharines, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, fruit. Overholt Orchards Inc is an agricultural orchard which is growing and shipping various crops, fruits, and vegetables. With all of our products, we focus our development and production on inclusion of attributes our customers can use to improve the quality and value of their feeds. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Overholt Orchards Inc
Position: Farm worker, fruit
No of Vacancies: 20
Salary: $15.83 hourly 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: 1629 Gregory Road, St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P9
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: Own transportation
Work setting: Staff accommodation provided
Type of crops: Cherries, Orchard fruit
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and machinery experience: Farm truck, Fertilizer applicator, Fruit harvester, Sprayer or duster, Tractor, Forklift
- The candidates should be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- Canadian citizen and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to do clipping, fruit trees training
- The candidates should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, fertilize and spray crops, harvest crops
- The candidates should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- The candidates should be able to sort and pack fruits and vegetables, pick row and orchard crops
- The candidates should be able to clean work area
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!