Shabatura Farms Ltd. based in Windham Centre, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting. Shabatura Farms Ltd. is a farm that works under family management. Our farm is successful due in large part to our commitment, as well as our enthusiasm for utilizing innovative farming methods. Our farm is known to use techniques of integrated pest management and advanced computerized sorting technology ensures that we consistently deliver only the highest quality product to our customers. We work with a strict food safety program and CanadaGAP certification. Our customers can be assured the produce we are providing is safe, fresh and healthy. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening, Night, Weekend and Shift shifts. The post of Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting is LMIA approved.
Employer Name: Shabatura Farms Ltd.
Position: Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting
No of Vacancies: 100
Salary: $15.00 per hour for 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Windham Centre, ON
Job ID: 22052007
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Hot
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Public transportation is not available
Work Location Information: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Vegetable harvester, Fruit harvester
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Crops: Vegetables, Berries
Own Tools/Equipment: Gloves
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with a hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should have the ability to distinguish between colors
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to write daily basic progress reports
- The candidate should be able to clean work area
- The candidate should be able to sort and pack fruits and vegetables
- The candidate should be able to pick row and orchard crops
- The candidate should be able to load, unload and transfer crates, supplies and farm produce, livestock and poultry
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get to learn various advanced farming techniques
- The employees get various career development opportunities
Today, Shabatura Farms Ltd. is in its 4th generation of growing fresh fruits and vegetables for North Americans and proud to operate in an environmentally sustainable manner. The company is known to be dedicated to maintaining the highest quality of produce through strict adherence to federal and provincial food safety laws. The company is known to strive to provide a safe and pleasurable working environment for employees and an enjoyable customer service experience for consumers.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!