SEA WIND 1 based in Prince Rupert, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fishing vessel deckhand. SEA WIND 1 offers a range of fish products, including popular species such as salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, and halibut, as well as less common or specialty species. We also offer value-added products, such as fillets, portions, or smoked fish. We prioritize quality and freshness, ensuring that their products meet rigorous safety and quality standards. We are committed to sustainability and responsible fishing practices, ensuring that our products are sourced in a way that minimizes their impact on the environment. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: SEA WIND 1
Position: Fishing vessel deckhand
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $19.00 hourly 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: 256 SILVERSIDES DR Prince Rupert, BC V8J 4P9
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Type of gear: Longline, trap
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Area of specialization: Crab
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be physically demanding
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads and large workload
- The candidates should be able to work outdoors, in hot and old/refrigerated
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to prepare nets, lines, and other fishing tackle
- The candidates should be able to prepare and cook meals for crew members
- The candidates should be able to clean, sort, and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- The candidates should be able to repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- The candidates should be able to clean deck surfaces and fish hold
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!