Serkka Farms Inc based in Wallaceburg, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker. Serkka Farms Inc has grown from its humble beginnings into a large, diverse farm operation. Together with our skilled seasonal staff of Jamaican and Guatemalan workers, we are able to maintain the high standards that our customers have come to demand. We have a long time experience in this sector. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Serkka Farms Inc
Position: General farm worker
No of Vacancies: 45
Salary: $15.50 per hour for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 5923 Langstaff Line, Wallaceburg, ON, N8A 4L1
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area and various locations
Work site environment: Candidates should work in Corn farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, outdoors, soybean farming, turkey farming, wheat farming, wet or damp, noisy, odours, dusty and hot place
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided.
Type of Crops: Bell peppers, Cucumbers, Seed corn, Soybeans and Tomatoes
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking and also physically strong
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, work under pressure and work overtime
- The candidate should be able to maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, able to walk and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to hoeing crops, able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, able to fertilize and also able to spray crops and harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to feed and tend animals and also able to clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- The candidate should be able to hand harvesting vegetables
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The employees get piece work
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!