Northern Cherries Inc. based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker. Northern Cherries Inc. is a very active cherry producer with orchards in different areas of the Okanagan Valley. All the cherries we pack are grown in our own orchards, thus ensuring a great quality of produce. Our crops includes many different varieties from early cherries in the South Okanagan to late varieties in Lake Country to the north. We are known for doing organic farming using advanced techniques. We are known to produce and supply best quality products. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.The position of General Farm Worker is approved by LIMA.
Employer’s Name: Northern Cherries Inc.
Position: General farm worker
No of Vacancies: 50
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 8 to 95 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: Kelowna, BC
Shifts: Day, Morning ,To be determined
Work Setting: Fruit and vegetable processing plant
Work site environment: Fruit and vegetable combination farming, Outdoors, At heights
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
Experience: The candidate should have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads.
- The candidate should be physically demanding.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be able to clipping, mixing fertilizer, weeding, Harvest crops.
- The candidate should operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants.
- The employer stated that this is a green job because the position which involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes and also supporting green economy sectors
- The employees get other benefits such as On-site housing options, Team building opportunities.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!