Waste Connections of Canada based in Coquitlam, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – material handling. Waste Connections of Canada offers a comprehensive range of services aimed at reducing waste, promoting recycling, and minimizing environmental impact. Our services include waste collection, recycling, composting, hazardous waste disposal, and landfill management. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Waste Connections of Canada
Position: General labourer – material handling
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 hourly 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Term or contract Full time
Location: 25 FAWCETT ROAD Coquitlam, BC V3K 6V2
Transportation information: Valid driver’s licence, Own vehicle
Work setting: Urban area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Drug test
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle Hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be able to work in wet/damp area, noisy area, outdoors, and hot area
- The candidate should be hardworking, efficient, and reliable
- The candidates should have integrity, positive attitude, time management, excellent oral communication, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- The candidates should be able to operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- The candidates should be able to provide customer service
- The candidates should be able to hazardous products handling and storage
- The candidates should be able to maintain accurate records
- The candidates should be able to follow emergency and safety procedures
- The candidates will get vision care benefits, health care plan, dental plan, as per collective agreement, mileage paid, free parking, and other benefits
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed, and references attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!