Labourer, Fruit Farming
Algoma Highlands Wild Blueberry Farm and Winery based in Wawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, Fruit Farming (with some duties as labourer, farm). Algoma Highlands Wild Blueberry Farm and Winery is a well-known 640 acre family farm located 3 km from downtown Wawa. Our fields are transected by Hwy 17 and we use an old tree nursery to process and ship its wild blueberries and associated products. Our farm is a unique geological site, consisting of 100% sand being old Lake Superior beachfront from times gone by, ideal for the encouragement of wild blueberry plants. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Algoma Highlands Wild Blueberry Farm and Winery
Position: Labourer, Fruit Farming
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $15.83 per hour for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 26 Hillcrest Ave, Wawa, ON, P0S 1K0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning, 08:00 to 17:00
Work Site Environment: Fruit and vegetable combination farming, Outdoors, Wet/damp, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Work Setting: Staff accommodation available, Fruit and vegetable processing plant
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English or French Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, training will be provided
Type of Crops: Blueberries, Strawberries
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to work with tight deadlines and perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination and have the ability to distinguish between colors
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime hours
- The candidate should be physically demanding and a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work in an efficient interpersonal skills and work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should have judgment skills and work in an organized way
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to Fertilize and spray crops also Harvest crops
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!