Chatham-Kent based in Ontario, Canada is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Student Summer Reading Program-Summer Jobs 2023. Chatham-Kent can be termed as a single-tier municipality in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. We work mostly with rural areas, population centers are Chatham, Wallaceburg, Tilbury, Blenheim, Ridgetown, Wheatley and Dresden. Our company is known as ‘Classic Car Capital of Canada’. We have celebrated many years as a car manufacturing powerhouse, and this industry is a big part of its history. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Chatham-Kent
Position: Student Summer Reading Program-Summer Jobs 2023
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
Principle Work Location: Chatham Library
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Level: Technical/Professional
Eligible for Working Remotely
Reports To: Manager, Support Services
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as being currently be enrolled in school full-time for the 2022/2023 winter term (normally ending April, May or June) and/or returning to school full-time in the 2023 fall term (normally starting in August or September)
Experience: Candidates need experience the details are mentioned below
- The candidate should be able to work indoors
- The candidate should be able to walk, sit and stand for longer hours
- The candidate should have the potential to travel to any of 11 library branches
- The candidate being currently in a community college or university students; preference will be given to students currently enrolled in a library, education or child care program, or have a desire to pursue an education in these areas and having experience working in a library environment is preferred
- The candidate having experience organizing programs for children, preferably in a library environment; experience working with children in either a recreational or educational environment will be considered and having experience creating literacy based programs is preferred
- The candidate having demonstrates courtesy, sensitivity and responsiveness when interacting with patrons and staff and having the ability to communicate with the public, staff and administration in a clear, friendly and effective manner that encourages dialogue and interaction is preferred
- The candidate having demonstrated excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courtesy, sensitivity and responsiveness in behavior and tone when interacting with patrons and staff and basic computer skills in Microsoft Office suite is preferred
- The candidate having good organizational and people skills, neatness and attention to detail, and the ability to work independently would be an asset
- The candidate should be able to work in weekday, afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- The candidate should be able to fulfill requirements of COVID-19 vaccination, Driver’s license/vehicle requirements and background check requirements
- The candidate should be responsible to assist with the implementation of children’s Summer Reading Club programs; this includes assisting with the distribution of promotional material, displaying resources and promotional materials, registration of participants, assisting with the preparation of programs, assisting with programs at community branches, gathering programming statistics.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate Chatham-Kent’s core values and competencies and actively participate in Municipal and Library training as necessary
- The candidate should be able to create promotional displays for the TD Summer Reading Club theme and create displays of library materials, which highlight various aspects of the library’s children’s collection
- The candidate should be able to assist library staff with promoting the Summer Reading Program and provide program assistance at all branch locations as needed
- The candidate should be able to assist and prepare for theme related programs offered at any CKPL branch location and assist as needed at all Reading Club parties held throughout the system
- The candidate should be able to assist with the creation and distribution of summer reading kits to all CKPL branch locations and organize, prepare and refresh age appropriate crafts on a weekly basis
- The candidate should be able to assist Library staff with registration of children for the Summer Reading Program and track and prepare a final report on the number of children registered in the summer reading program throughout the entire library system
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!