Sand Springs Ranch based in Lac La Biche, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Vegetable Farm Worker. Sand Springs Ranch can be said as a family farm working on organic farming. Under our company, we have a large certified organic market garden , a certified organic beef program, and small scale free range pork. We work by taking pride in our diverse farm, where each component compliments another. We have unique farm practices that are a combination of organic, biodynamic and holistic methods. The candidate has to work in Day and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Sand Springs Ranch
Position: Vegetable Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.00 to $17.50 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Lac La Biche, AB
Shifts: Day, Morning, 08:00 to 17:00
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver’s licence
Work Location Information: Rural area, Staff accommodation available, Remote location
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 7 months to 1 year
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Vegetable harvester, Farm truck
Type of Farm Operations: Other miscellaneous crop farming, Organic farming
Type of Crops: Potatoes, Onions, Carrots
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract), Criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work under tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- The candidate should be able to write daily basic progress reports
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to hand harvesting vegetables
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to hoeing crops
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to stone and/or wood picking
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to vegetable culling
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get health benefits in a form of a health care plan
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get various financial and paid leave benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Are you currently a student?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume, Job reference number. Cover letter and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Include this job reference number in your application
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!