Apples, Cherries Farming Labourer
Kokanee Fruit Company, Ltd. based in Creston, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Apples, Cherries Farming Labourer. Kokanee Fruit Company, Ltd. is known to do fruit farming with advanced techniques, taking an innovative approach to build a sustainable future. We are developing our farming techniques day-by-day. We are known to produce and supply quality products, organic products without any preservatives. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Kokanee Fruit Company, Ltd.
Position: Apples, Cherries Farming Labourer
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: Creston, BC
Shifts: Day, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning
Work site environment: Fruit and vegetable combination farming, Hay farming, Livestock combination farming, Outdoors, Wet/damp, Noisy, Dusty, Hot
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 to less than 7 months.
Type of crops: Apples, Cherries
Equipment and machinery experience: Farm truck, Fertilizer applicator, Forage equipment, Haying equipment, Sprayer or duster, Tillage equipment, Tractor
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads.
- The candidate should be physically demanding.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be efficient and a good team player.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must have fruit trees training.
- The candidate should grading, handle animals, mix fertilizer, plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, soil fertility programs, weed, fertilize and spray crops, harvest crops.
- The candidate should feed and tend animals, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, examine produce for quality and prepare for market.
- The employer stated that this is a green job because the position which involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!