Grand Prairie Regional College based in Grand Prairie, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Child Care Worker – Summer Student. Grand Prairie Regional College is known to offer programs in the areas of Liberal Arts, Science, Education, Physical Education, Nursing, Human Services, Fine Arts, Business, Technology, Academic Upgrading, Trades and Technical training, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. We offer various baccalaureate degrees and master degrees in collaboration with universities. Our college is known to offer a wide variety of programs, including university studies, trades and career studies. In all, our college is known for Highly-qualified faculty, Affordable tuition, Small classes Personal contact, Extensive scholarship and awards program. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Grand Prairie Regional
Position: College Child Care Worker – Summer Student
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $18.00 per hour for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time-Summer Jobs
Location: Grand Prairie, AB
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates should have experience with children
To be determined
- The candidate should be someone with spark creativity, drive innovation, are highly engaged and are eager to embrace core values, including innovation and responsiveness
- The candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and one who is willing to turn risk into opportunity
- The candidate having a combination of education and experience will be considered
- The candidate should have a strong organizational and multitasking skills
- The candidate should have an excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check is required
- The candidate requires standard first aid and infant CPR
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate appropriate practice in interaction with children.
- The candidate should be able to ensure the philosophy of developmentally practice is reflected on programming and maintain health and safety practices, procedures and protocols.
- The candidate should be able to model positive guidance strategies.
- The candidate should be able to maintain ongoing verbal communication with parents.
- The employees will have a 1 year of post-secondary school with a focus in Early Learning and Childcare or are working towards a certificate with 6 months of experience.
- The employees get to be a part of recently aligned strategic plan identifies 1, 3, 5, and 10-year goals, tactics and actions that will ensure Canada’s newest polytechnic will be the most entrepreneurial in Canada
- The employees get to work in flexible work weeks
- The employees get a competitive wage
- The employees get a student centered culture that is vital to the community
- The employees get to connect their skills and abilities to good vision, mission and values
Working for years, today students at Grand Prairie Regional College can choose from a wide range of certificate or diploma options, or begin degrees or professional programs in several disciplines. The college is known to have several degree programs completed on campus in Grande Prairie through collaborative programs with four-year universities. Today, the college has campuses at Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!