London Health Sciences Centre based in London Health Sciences Centre is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dietary Worker-Summer Student 2023. London Health Sciences Centre is known to foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct. We are known to provide a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: London Health Sciences Centre
Position: Dietary Worker-Summer Student 2023
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: Salary is not mentioned, $600.00 weekly salary estimated by Canadian Job Bank
Shift: Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Evenings, and Overnights
Employment Type: Part time
Location: London Health Sciences Centre, University Hospital and/or Victoria Hospital as required
Hours of Work: Up to 75 hours bi-weekly (no guarantee of minimum amount of hours)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as completion of grade 12 or equivalent
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be available 24/7
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused in the service areas
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and written communication skills and also have high standards of sanitation and safety
- The candidate should be mature, professional, and responsible attitude and have proven flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
- The candidate should have demonstrated ability to work well and independently with minimum supervision in a team environment and have established knowledge of and commitment to patient and family centered care
- The candidate should have knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC and have the ability to attend work on a regular basis
- The candidate should be at least 18 years of age and must be able to work from the beginning of May until the end of August
- The candidate should have a Food Handler Certificate achieved within the last 5 years
- The candidate should be able to provide a proof of enrollment for attending full time education starting in September 2023 at an accredited University or Community College
- The candidate should be able to provide work related references
- The candidate should be able to complete the health review
- The candidate should be able to provide a police record check
- The candidate should be responsible for the timely provision of meals and nourishment to patients in accordance with the therapeutic diet order and in compliance with proper food preparation and handling principles as determined by Public Health. Sanitation of smallwares, dishes and equipment is also part of the role.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!