Grandview Cattle Feeders Ltd. based in Picture Butte, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm supervisor. Grandview Cattle Feeders Ltd. is a family-owned and managed venture, that has been in the cattle feeding and farming industry for over 50 years. Our goal of being the leading producer of the Canadian Beef Industry, we will continue to grow as a team, operating with standards of the highest quality, and maintaining the ethical management of each relationship made. We commit to providing well maintained facilities and adequate training to ensure that all working conditions remain at an exceptional level. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Grandview Cattle Feeders Ltd.
Position: Farm supervisor
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: SW27-10-21-W4 Picture Butte, AB T0K 1V0
Shifts: Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Beef cattle ranching and farming, including feedlots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
Experience: The candidate should have at least 2 years to less than 3 years of experience in a related industry.
Supervision: 3-4 people
Equipment and machinery experience: Automated manure handling or storage system, Feeding and watering system, Storage and silage system, Tractor
Area of specialization: Agricultural livestock service, Beef cattle
Transportation/travel information: Valid driver’s licence
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to work under pressure and maintain tight deadlines.
- The candidate should be physically demanding.
- The candidate should be willing to work in a sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and a good team player.
- The candidate should be able to feed inventory, monitoring animal health, co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers, formulate feeding program, maintain livestock performance records.
- The candidate should maintain quality control and production records, recognize and treat certain livestock health problems, supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs.
- The candidate should maintain work records and logs, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, perform general farm duties.
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan.
- The employees get long term benefits such as Group insurance benefits.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, and References attesting to experience) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!