Farm worker, general
Under Sun Acres Inc. based in Staples, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general. Under Sun Acres Inc. is a greenhouse operation located in Ontario that produces sweet bell peppers. We are one of Ontario’s premier greenhouse facilities. We are at the cutting edge of technology operating a cogeneration system, closed loop water supply/filtration system. Our in-house entomologist and research team of scientists and engineers allows us to cultivate innovative ideas and push technological barriers. We believe we are a leading example of modern greenhouse life. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Under Sun Acres Inc
Position: Farm worker, general
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 45 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Term or contract employment
Location: Staples, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in hot and at heights
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Weight handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, high school or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of product: Vegetables
Type of crops Bell peppers and Greenhouse vegetables
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling and large workload
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to deleafing, greenhouse cleaning and also suckering
- The candidate should be able to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings, spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides, report signs of insect or disease damage, assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants and also clean work area
- The employee get bonus
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!