Farm Workers Supervisor
Pfenning’s Organic Vegetables Inc. based in New Hamburg, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm Workers Supervisor.
Pfenning’s Organic Vegetables Inc. is known to work with a large network of local, organic growers to bring their produce to market, and to provide a wide selection of local, organic produce to the businesses we supply. Our handlings are certified. We have compliance team that manages our own organic certification, and monitors the certification status of the vendors we work with. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Pfenning’s Organic Vegetables Inc.
Position: Farm Workers Supervisor
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.00 per hour for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: New Hamburg, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Organic farming, Dangerous, Dusty, Hot
Work Setting: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 3-5 years
Supervision: 11-15 people, 16-20 people
Type of Crops: Carrots, Cauliflowers, Onions
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Carrot seeder, Onion seeder, Automated irrigation system, Harvesters, Seed drill, Vegetable or fruit harvester
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to work with tight deadlines and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to handle large workloads and work for overtime hours
- The candidate should be physically demanding and a combination of sitting, standing and walking
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way and be a team player
- The candidate should have skills such as hoeing crops and vegetable culling
- The candidate should be able to provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting also coordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting laborers
- The candidate should be able to develop work schedules and establish procedures also ensure farm safety and biosecurity procedures are followed
- The candidate should be able to maintain quality control and production records also supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- The candidate should be able to maintain work records and logs also operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!