R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum based in Salmon Arm, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food and Beverage Server. R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum is known as a beautiful hotel park. Our hotel is set on 40 acres of the prettiest farmland in the Shuswap, the site comprises 24 buildings that are either replicas or originals and over 30 exhibits, including the original 1910 Haney House. We provide access to the Heritage Village and Museum, Children’s Discovery Centre, Sprig of Heather restaurant, walking trails, daily activities and tours. We also provide access to the special events hosted at the Village with our community partners, including High Tea, the Annual Car Show, Harvest Celebration and more. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum
Position: Food and Beverage Server
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $17.00 per hour for 30 to 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Salmon Arm, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, training will be provided
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- The candidate should be a combination of bending, crouching, kneeling and standing for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client and have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills and work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way and be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be a team player and be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages also address customers’ complaints or concerns
- The candidate should be able to present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travelers cheques or room billings also describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- The candidate should be able to enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations also advise on menu selections
- The candidate should be able to balance cash and record sales also clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- The candidate should be able to describe and advise on wine selection also greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- The candidate should be able to serve food and beverages also supervise other servers and bussing staff
- The candidate should be able to take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff also provide customer service
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, and Letter of recommendation) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!