Snowland Vegetable Farms based in Halbstadt, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Farm Worker. Snowland Vegetable Farms is run by our family, and as such is the primary reason we started this business. We are a major part of the Vegetable and Melon Farming Industry. We are known to use organic farming techniques. We are known to produce and supply pure products in Halbstadt and other local areas.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Snowland Vegetable Farms
Position: General Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 25
Salary: $12.07 hourly for 30 to 50 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time – Student Jobs
Location: PR 421 and Road 4 East, Halbstadt, MB, R0A 0S0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Morning
Student status: Full-time enrollment, Part-time enrollment
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, In/on water, wet/damp, Noisy, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Transportation/Travel Information: Own Transportation
Work Location Information: Staff accommodation is available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
The candidate should have equipment and machinery experience such as Vegetable harvester, Tractor, Tillage Equipment, Sprayer or duster, Planting Equipment, Farm truck, Carrot seeder
Type of Farm Operations:
Other miscellaneous crop farming, Corn farming, Fruit and vegetable combination farming, Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
Type of Crops:
Cucumbers, Bell peppers, Garlic, Onions, Sweet corn, Tomatoes, Zucchinis, Melons, Carrots
Automated Systems Experience:
The candidate should have automated systems experience in the irrigation systems and, Feeding and watering system
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between colors
- The candidate should be able to discriminate between sound
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work under tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should have specific skills, in field crops such as hand-harvesting vegetables, hoeing crops and vegetable culling
- The candidate should have Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills such as cleaning crops, clipping, weeding, grading and greenhouse cleaning
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various other benefits such as paid leaves, company discounts etc.
Working for years, today, Snowland Vegetable Farms has thousands of employees working across all its locations. With having a well-known name, producing and supplying pure/organic products the company has millions of revenue today. As of now, as a yearly revenue, the company is making sales of $1.63 million USD per year.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume and being prepared for screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!