Gusta Enterprises Ltd. based in Stead, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Harvesting labourer. Gusta Enterprises Ltd. was established as a family enterprise in 1968 when 5 acres of Kentucky Bluegrass seed was planted on their farm in Stead, Manitoba. From the very beginning, the goal of us have been to provide quality sod to Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and the United States. Over 50 years of operation, we have grown in size to over 1,000 acres of total production including residential, commercial and golf course quality sod. As one of the oldest sod farms in Manitoba, we will keep our commitment to producing quality sod. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. This position of Harvesting labourer is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Gusta Enterprises Ltd.
Position: General Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: $13.50 to $19.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Stead, MB
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors, wet/damp, dusty and hot place
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Valid driver’s licence required, own transportation required and public transportation is not available
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have gloves and steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, manually dexter, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling and large workload
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills and also values and ethics
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Turf grass harvester, Forklift, Loader, Tractor and also Sod cutter
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!