Froese Vegetables Inc. based in Vienna, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Labourer-Farm. Froese Vegetables Inc. is a family business, a family-owned company working with a vision to provide the highest quality of service to our customers, local community and the environment. We do our work by keeping true to our family roots, placing the highest values on integrity, service and family. We work by believing in giving back to our customers and community and being good stewards of the land. Farming has truly been a passion for us, but more than that we consider it a tool to facilitate a holistic lifestyle and strong family values. We work with growing cucumbers, various pepper varieties, and some grains. We have tried growing everything such as cabbage, watermelon, and pumpkins as well as operating the cucumber receiving and grading station.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Froese Vegetables Inc.
Position: General Labourer-Farm
No of Vacancies: 60
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 30 to 75 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Vienna, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Odours, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Work Location Information: Rural area, Remote location, Various locations
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Candidate need equipment and machinery experience such as Tractor, Lift truck and Farm truck
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Farm Operations: Other miscellaneous crop farming, Fruit and vegetable combination farming, Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
Type of Crops: Cucumbers, Bell peppers
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work with tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to clean and maintain equipment
- The candidate should be able to remove filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- The candidate should be able to detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- The candidate should be able to examine products for quality and prepare for market
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The candidate should have specific skills, in field crops such as hand-harvesting vegetables
- The candidate should have specific skills, field crops such as hoeing crops
- The employees get to work in a family owned place
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get various career development opportunities with learning advanced farming techniques
- The employees get various financial and leave benefits
Since 1988, the Froese Vegetables Inc. has graded, sorted and shipped well over 100,000 tons of cukes, which would be 130,000,000 jars of cucumbers. The company has grown from 100 acres in 1986 to nearly 4,000 acres (together and individually) today. The company works with growing various vegetables and grains in the area of southwestern Ontario, near Lake Erie. Later, in 2014, the company sorted and graded 12,000 tons of cucumbers, and shipped approximately 500 loads of cucumbers and over 200 loads of peppers across the border.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by meeting in person (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
56618 Calton Line, RR1
N0J 1Z0 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!