Forging Ahead Inc based in Brooks, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse labourer. Forging Ahead Inc stands as a pioneering leader in the manufacturing and distribution of forged metal components for various industries. With a focus on precision engineering and innovative solutions, the company offers a wide range of forged products, including automotive parts, industrial machinery components, and aerospace components. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Forging Ahead Inc
Position: Greenhouse labourer
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Brooks, AB
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning
Transportation information: Own vehicle
Work setting: Rural area, and Willing to relocate
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Security and safety: Criminal record check
- The candidates should be able to work in wet/damp conditions as required by the job and be comfortable working in hot environments as part of their duties
- The candidates should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks and be prepared for physically demanding tasks that may involve standing for extended periods, as well as bending, crouching, and kneeling
- The candidates should demonstrate attention to detail in their work, even in demanding situations, and be willing to work overtime when necessary to meet project deadlines or address workload demands
- The candidates should be adept at collaborating and working harmoniously as part of a team
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorization (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to collect brush, clean greenhouses, hand harvest vegetables, and weed
- The candidates should be able to train fruit trees, mix fertilizer, operate climate controls, and cut seeds
- The candidates should be able to cull vegetables, write daily basic progress reports, spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides, and assist in pruning trees, shrubs, and plants
- The candidates should be able to mix and prepare soils, plant bulbs and seeds, pot and re-pot plants, and transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- The candidates should be able to apply fertilizers, report signs of insect or disease damage, dig up wrapping root balls of trees and shrubs, water and tend to plants, lawns, and/or gardens, and clean work areas
- The candidates will get on-site housing options
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your Resume, Cover letter) through the below-mentioned details
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!