Meyers Fruit Farms Ltd are known to be passionate about growing a wide selection of colourful flowers and delicious tender fruits. The company is been working on its products, for more than 60 years, on 24 acres of greenhouse space and 500 acres of farmland with experienced operations. Meyers Fruit Farms Ltd is known to have experience and capacity to service independent and mass-market retailers throughout the whole of North America. As of now, Meyers Fruit Farms Ltd. is inviting applications for the role of Greenhouse Worker from any of the eligible candidates.
The candidates who have a valid work permit in Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Full Job Description:
Employer Name: Meyers Fruit Farms Ltd.
Position: Greenhouse Worker
No of Vacancies: 70
Salary: $15.00 hourly, for 45 hours to 54 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Types of Products: Vegetables, Tropical plants, Seasonal plants, Fruit trees, Cut flowers, Bedding plants, Ferns
Types of Farm Operations: Floriculture production
Work Site Environment: Confined spaces, Outdoors, At heights, Wet/damp, Odors, Hot, Cold/refrigerated, Non-smoking.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: No Experience is Needed
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be a combination of Standing for extended periods, Walking, Bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- The candidate should be able to work overtime
- The candidate should be able to handle a weight of around 23 kgs (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be able to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- The candidate should be able to pot and re-pot plants
- The candidate should be able to plant bulbs and seeds
- The candidate should be able to assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
- The candidate should be able to water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- The candidate should be able to clean the work area
- The candidate should be having landscape and horticulture technicians specialists related specific skills such as brush collecting, cleaning the crop, clipping, de-leafing, fruit trees training, suckering, tying, weeding, greenhouse cleaning and maintaining and managing the growth of vines and vine canopy and grapes.
- The employees get various financial benefits such as salaries, compensation and after retirement compensation as well.
- The employees get to learn various things about Meyers Fruits Farm Ltd.’s culture.
- The employees get to enjoy a proper balance between work and personal life while working
- The employees get a great management team for him/her while working
- The employees get job security of getting a permanent job while working
Meyers Fruit Farms Ltd is known to understand that the retailers have unique merchandising objectives and that the company’s floral department helps create a memorable in-store experience. It helps the retailers to pick the right flowers, mixes, and finishes that will delight their customers and contribute to overall success.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!