Since 1962, the Bookestyn family have been growing quality flowers. Today, in their third generation, the Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. is having 70 acres of land with a quantity of 5,00,000 sq ft. production. Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. is the national trade association of the Canadian floral industry. The company has its members across Canada including greenhouse growers, distributors and importers/exporters all dealing with cut flowers, potted plants, bedding plants, cut greens and specialty suppliers and various services to the industry. Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. based in Jordan Station, ON is looking for candidates for the position of Greenhouse Worker.
Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. is a verified company permitted to hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The vacancies are with reference to that of seasonal employment with day and weekend shifts.
Employer Name: Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc.
Position: Greenhouse Worker
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: $15.00 per hour, for 40 to 45 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 4019 13th Street, Jordan Station, ON, L0R 1S0
Shifts: Day, Weekend 7:30 to 16:30
Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Hot, Cold/refrigerated, Non-smoking
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience: No experience required
Weight Handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Type Of Product: Seasonal plants, Ferns, Perennials
Type Of Farm Operations: Floriculture production
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, Gloves
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to handle a large workload
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on.
- The candidate should be able to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- The candidate should be able to report signs of insect or disease damage
- The candidate should be able to pot and re-pot plants
- The candidate should be able to plant bulbs and seeds
- The candidate should be able to assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants.
- The candidate should be able to clean the work area
- The employees get to work in a family-owned place
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get to work in a top-notch company in Canada
- The employees get various other perks such as competitive salary, vacations, paid leaves etc.
Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. is a family-owned company that has been working for almost 70 years. Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. is known to grow organic and natural flowers in one of the highest quantities when compared to other competitors in the same industry. Boekestyn Greenhouses Inc. sells its flowers all over Canada and other nearby areas possible.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!