Atlantic Grown Organics Inc based in Kensington, PE is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse Worker. Atlantic Grown Organics Inc is known for its organic greenhouse farming. Our farm is known to grow Cucumbers, grape tomatoes, tomatoes, English cucumbers, red peppers, herbs, lettuce greens, other greens and eggplants. Our farm is a Schurman Family Farm but does watch for Atlantic Grown Organics in the stores. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or term or contract employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. This position of Greenhouse Worker is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Atlantic Grown Organics Inc
Position: Greenhouse Worker
No of Vacancies: 12
Salary: $13.70 per hour for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Kensington, PE
Shifts: To be determined
Work Site Environment: Hot
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- The candidate should be able to report signs of insect or disease damage
- The candidate should be able to pot and re-pot plants
- The candidate should be able to plant bulbs and seeds
- The candidate should be able to mix and prepare soils
- The candidate should be able to apply fertilizers
- The candidate should be able to water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- The candidate should be able to clean work area
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to hand harvesting vegetables
- The candidate should have specific skills field crops to vegetables culling
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and retirement benefits
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
For 5 years, Atlantic Grown Organics Inc has been growing organically in their greenhouse. The main markets covered with the company are Sobeys, Superstore, and The Charlottetown Farmers Market. The farm also has a roadside stand. In all, the farm is truly a family farm with all the family involved in the production and sales.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or a mail (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
713 Route 104
Spring Valley, PE
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!