Great West Equipment Ltd. based in St. John, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Heavy equipment mechanic. Great West Equipment Ltd. is a full-service heavy equipment dealership. We have grown to become a major force in all the heavy equipment segments including mining, oil & gas, scrap and recycling, waste management, utilities, ports, and aggregates. We supplies machinery from several equipment manufacturers to provide you with the best equipment solutions to complete your job. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Great West Equipment Ltd.
Position: Heavy equipment mechanic
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $49.63 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 12623 Charlie Lake Frontage Road Fort St. John, BC V1J 0J3
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Various locations, Willing to relocate, In shop, Relocation costs covered by employer.
Work site environment: Outdoors, Non-smoking, Cold/refrigerated, Dusty, Hot,Noisy
Own tools/equipment: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Safety glasses/goggles, Gloves
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: The candidate should have other trades certificate or diploma.
Experience: The candidate should have at least 5 years or more experience in a related industry.
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Red Seal Endorsement
Diesel engine repair specialization: Fuel injection system, Exhaust system, Cooling system, Air conditioning system, Lubrication system, Engine control system, Major internal engine repairs or overhaul, Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Powered equipment repair specialization: Cable-operated working attachments, Hydraulic-operated working attachments, Compressors, Pumps
Mechanical maintenance and repair specialization: Mechanical transmissions, Drive trains and final drives, Hydraulic transmissions, Power take-offs, Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering, Off-road vehicle tires and wheels, Differentials, Brake system
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Weight handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be physically demanding and required to handle heavy loads.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in bending, crouching, kneeling, standing, position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination, manual dexterity and sound discrimination.
- The candidate should be accurate, dependable, flexible, judgemental, reliable and required to work with being focused on the client.
- The candidate should have excelent oral communication skills and be a good team player.
- The candidate should instruct apprentices, troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and should have welding experience.
- The candidate should be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required, order parts and maintain inventory, adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
- The candidate should keep maintenance reports and documentation, and test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- The candidate should need to clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work, perform repair work on heavy trucks, service attachments and working tools and also Verify and repair emission control systems.
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage, Vision care benefits.
- The employees get long term benefits such as Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) benefits.
- The employees get other benefits such as Learning/training paid by employer and Wellness program.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!