Ridge Valley Farms Ltd. based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Poultry Farm Worker. Ridge Valley Farms Ltd. is known to test soil and offer a professional, in-house agrologist-analyzed, custom-blended compost solution matched to amend, correct soil structure, and add nutrients to meet specific soil and crop requirements. We do farming with no usage of sewage nor biosolids in any of our organic compost products. Our company has lab tests available. Our company delivers year-round with a consistent high-volume supply. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The candidate has to work in Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Ridge Valley Farms Ltd.
Position: Poultry Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 per hour for 45 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Morning
Work Site Environment: Dangerous, Outdoors, In/on water, Wet/damp, Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Hot
Work Location Information: Rural area, Various locations
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Type of Farm Operations: Chicken farming, Broiler and other meat-type chicken production
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to feed and tend animals
- The candidate should be able to clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- The candidate should be able to detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- The candidate should be able to set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- The candidate should be able to monitor animal health
- The candidate should have specialized livestock workers specific skills to handling animals
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get health benefits in a form of a health care plan
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume, cover letter and references attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!